READY TO ADOPT?
YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE TO ADOPT
Before a horse can be adopted from Diamonds in the Rough Rescue, Inc. (D.I.T.R.), the following procedures must be followed:
1. Adoption application must be completed.
2. Call and schedule an interview with Sonja Reuter at (757) 846-6076. Please bring a copy of your completed application with you.
3. After the application is received at the interview, please allow 5-7 days for a background check to be completed and references to be contacted.
4. Once the checks are completed, if D.I.T.R. has a potentially suitable horse at the time, we will schedule an appointment to check the potential adopter’s facilities.
5. D.I.T.R. reserves the right to deny adoption for any reason in its sole discretion, and is not obligated to state any reason for such denial.
When all of the Adoption Application requirements and have been satisfied, D.I.T.R. will require the following at the time of final adoption:
1. Completion of the Adoption Contract with such terms and conditions as D.I.T.R. may, in its sole judgment and discretion determine.
2. Payment in full of a non-refundable fee which is based upon each individual horse, and set by D.I.T.R. in its sole discretion.
3. Upon final adoption of a horse, if the adopter is transporting from D.I.T.R. to the adopter’s facility, it must be in a manner acceptable to D.I.T.R.
Helvetica Light is an easy-to-read font, with tall and narrow letters, that works well on almost every site.